Monday, May 19, 2008

HYDE

Happy monday all! Though I do love photography, it's not my main profession and I do have a day job. Hence the title of the blog Hyde. I guess my photography side is more of the letting the creative side of me go loose and crazy! So yes, most of you who know me probably have been exposed to more of my nutty side than my calm day to day miss. hyde side?
My regular day job is engineering and though there isn't much to share, I did recently get to visit the new bay bridge that's planned to open up 2013. Without further ado, pictures! (I got these pictures from co-workers) (yes I actually didn't bring my camera and yes I do regret it--but I couldn't imagine lugging that and my bag around in 100+ degree heat :P )
Here are some of my co-workers for one direction of the bridge (eastbound I believe) where all the cars will be zipping by. Pretty serene now.
Me being a dorky engineer, "look it me ma!" I was jumping up and down alot--this is the best one out of the bunch...
Our whole staff being dorks together trying to stop non existent traffic...
This is the end of the bridge so far...they still have a ways to go. This bridge is also gonna include a pedestrian/bike path too that will go from the mainland to treasure island.
Another view of the edge of the bridge...you can see golden gate bridge off in the far distance...
A last view at the edge of the bridge, you can see the bay bridge we use now. See that staircase to the left of the picture? I think that's a couple hundred feet from the bay surface. It was super windy and that thing wasn't shaking at all! I was too wimpy to try and go down that thing...
Did you know that there is a bay bridge troll? That's this thing below which exists on the existing bay bridge. I guess a couple of the old workers for the bridge put it up for good luck or something. When you are on the top deck, it is right before you hit the trusses going westbound. (trusses are those metal bars that stick out above the side railing of the bridge)
And a group picture of the staff! Love the outfits right? Plastic glasses over sunglasses with matching hats and summer's brightest colors (night or day! booyeah!) ^_^ Photo credit: JH, ST and me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

unni, i hope you don't cause us city people traffic and do a good job. hehe

Anonymous said...

hehe! dude how am I gonna keep my job then? haha kidding kidding~