Monday, April 09, 2007

SUPERFLUOUS

Ok I couldn't think of one great word to describe this photo shoot so I titled it superfluous since there were waaaay too many words and I don't think just one could summarize it. Thanks to the model again for going out there and pretty much going through and doing anything just to get that shot! woo hoo!

So as soon as we met up we get down to business and take some pictures--this is about early in the morning before the dreaded (as photographers like to deem--or at least me) high noon time with very tricky tricky lighting.

I recently am learning off camera lighting technique so of course I had to try it. Man, it gives such instant drama to a picture. This picture below was actually a practice shot I was trying with the lighting but it came out so good I had to keep it. How great of a model is she to pose even when I'm not officially taking the shot?

By the way, the shots above were all taken right next to a trash compacter. Ok I know it stunk really bad, but it had such a cool aisle way as you can see in the images above. Some policemen actually were passing by and were like "uhhh what are you doing...don't you think there are prettier places to take pictures?" Then I go on my explanation of the artistic side of this trash compacter aisle, and ummm yeah...they look at me like I am a loony arsty fartsy crazy person. Oh well, whatever they were nice anyways. Side note, how great is the model that she doesn't even lose any composer with all the garbage stink?
Ok the following picture, I just love it! Looks like a fashion mag picture.
I'm trying to continue to learn and improve with photography skills. I've been getting some great inspiration from photographers who can produce such incredibly crisp, sharp images...I tried to emulate that during this photoshoot.



Then we went to this awesome beautiful field, it was about noonish time, not the best time of day to take the pictures, but I think what I've been learning about with light is that the one taking the picture needs to embrace it and use it as part of their image to their advantage instead of trying to dodge it altogether.
Of course we have to do the girl in the tree shot..classic!

The high noon sunlight actually gave some really incredible contrast--alot of these images did not require much photoshop work. So definetly a great thing to experiment.
How incredibly photogenic is the model? Oh my goodness she comes out so gorgeous in all of these pictures!!


This picture reminds me of a korean drama picture for some reason.
Another "toss the hair" pose *EDIT* I forgot to mention but reminds me of pantene pro-v hair! You have to give me tips on how to get my hair that shiny and glossy! :)



One of my favorite image out of the entire bunch--I was playing around with photoshop and ended up producing this photograph:Again, the model, thanks for making my life easy looking all gorgeous, great facial expressions, just being in your element, you are a natural!
Well, that's all and I hope you guys enjoyed it!
Let me know what you think! ^_^
Seriously, I welcome all comments, and even if you have been what I would like to call a bloker (blog +stalker)
or stalg (stalker + blog) (stalking of the blog) feel free to drop a comment to say a "hello!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi onni! you are SO talented...incredible!! saranghaeyo!

Anonymous said...

p.s. see...toldja i would show some love =)

Unknown said...

wow... that's all i have to say about that. When are you going to take my pictures?? =P

Yunna said...

thanks! No you are! I added a bit about your pantene pro-v hair hehe. Can't believe I forgot to mention it in the blog. Thanks for the love dong-seng! ^_^

Helen! Heck yeah! Seriously, let's do this. Let me know when you come to cali, we can totally set it up and have a fun day! ^_^

Anonymous said...

Hey unni!
Just want to say, you are a genius!