
Hello! Inspired by a lovely friend to post on photoshop related posts! I thought I would share a pretty simple way to adjust photos to give them more pop with colors and contrast. I don't have photoshop with me now but I believe it is
edit>adjustments>curves
or at least on a apple computer command+m I would guess on PC it would be ctrl+m?
This curve window can be used to adjust highlights, midtones and shadows. try grabbing the curve which creates a point that you can move around to make the shape of the curve and see the resulting effects on the photo. You will notice that the curve on the left (to your left facing the computer) side when adjusted deals with shadows of the photo, while the curve on the right side deals with highlights of the photo. The middle of the curve is you guessed it, the midtones of the photo. Try playing with it--which will make more sense than reading about me babbling on it! It provides alot more control with the photo contrast and exposure than just plain ol' contrast bar which is bleh.

2 comments:
Props on using props so well!
I am working on using props for portraits, you're a great inspiration =)
wow! beautiful pictures! tina is so gorgeous! they are so cute together!! your a wonderful photographer unni!! -LYnn
Post a Comment