Wednesday, March 18, 2009

FLASH

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT
Speaking of flash photography and lighting of subjects. Here is a blog entry I saw of someone posting up photographs by Annie Leibovitz. Her photography and the way she lights her subjects are incredible. Gorgeous stuff seen here. I love the cinderella picture (lighting, colors, composition are brilliant!). Jessica Biel is great as pocahontas. The photos are all gorgeous. I'd love to see her take on Mulan and Beauty and the Beast too :)

No photographs today but I am hoping for some soon in the upcoming weeks to come!

Lately the mustard yellow flowers are blooming fields and fields of them and they are providing an incredible golden glow which I would love to photograph with a subject(s). Potentially some new faces that I haven't had a chance to do an official portrait session for :) please email me if you are interested. Seriously, if you are reading this and have my email and we have met in person, I am talking to you. umm hmm yes you. So don't be shy, email! :)
On another note, here is a link about flash photography.
It provides tips on how to adjust on camera flash to be not so "deer in the headlights" look and be a bit more flattering.
Speaking of flash:

Red eyes, purple iris's the camera can't see <--lyrics from U2's song "City of Blinding lights" a beautiful song.

1 comment:

Lynna said...

hehe, i hope you find a willing model soon! im sure you will! =]

& thanks for the tips on FLASH photography!
it is very useful! I wanted to try that sometime, i read somewhere, that you can make that using old plastic film canisters...perhaps it works? maybe, i have tons of them..so i should try to make it. hehe. =]