Another post about inspiration. You really never know where you will find it, I was just at a bookstore checking out the calendar section and Dali calendar caught my eye--man I wonder how his mind works to create such bizarre out there paintings. Definetly out of the box thinking. So I flip the calendar and see the back, yep the picture of the melting clock, the blank landscape with tall elephants and sticklike legs, all there...but what caught my eye was a portrait, very "normal" looking by Dali's standards I am sure (I can' t seem to find it on the internet so I apologize that I can't show it) but it was a painter painting their model next to a window (to achieve that nice window lighting) but the odd thing was the painter was looking at the model through a reflection on a mirror instead of directly at her. So I was thinking, ooh I wanna try that out! I didn't have a nice window next to a mirror, nor extra models, but I thought hey this can be another multiplicity shot. (duplication of oneself over and over again in the photograph). Wow this is alot of talk for a photograph. (side note the cute little veil thing the model is wearing is from urban outfitter. They have such cute hats :) ) The hat the painter is wearing is from my high school days and ooh still fits. (haha incase you didn't get that, this was my lame attempt at joking on high school clothes since if we have jeans or dresses that we wore in high school and it still fits we're like "yay" but yeah...since I explained this whole thing it's probably even less funny now) so...yeah...happy monday...

Sorry on another side note, I used to be able to post bigger vertical pics by modifying a part of the html string from "s400" to "s800" but now it doesn't work. What gives? :P
ooh yeah I got a perm too! It actually came out nice (finally). I had to endure many years of hair puffs, split ends hoping each perm would be different, but finally...yay!
1 comment:
haha. wow that is so cool!
LOVE your picture too! You did an AWESOME job!!
I havent been able to play around with photoshop to create any pictures like that! LOL.
but yes, VERY NICE JOB & great photograph!! =]
P.S. cute perm!! & yay for clothes that still fit!
Post a Comment