Friday, April 02, 2010

REAL

Photoshoot to come up soon! Meanwhile, I thought I would share a clip of a movie that really caught me-as something really raw and real and visually communicated the emotions so intricately.
Just to preface, the beginning scene of this movie states, "it isn't a love story". It's more of a journey through the relationship. What's interesting is that the plot is not typical hollywood drama but portrays what can be an honest version of the true ups and downs of what relationships can be. The scene below is when the main character Tom is invited to a party by his ex (at this point of the movie I believe) whom he still deeply cares for. They had broken up for a time and coincidentally met up at a friend's wedding--had a lovely time and there the girl invites him to her home at another day for a gathering at her place.


500 days of Summer - Expectations vs Reality from G. on Vimeo.



I just thought the very last sentence in this clip (again from 500 days of Summer) was very poetic.



Just a note for those interested in seeing this movie, I did find it to be quite slow however in retrospect, I think the quiet way this film presents the story seams well with the plot and delivers quite a reflective piece of storytelling. It felt more like viewing a piece of art than a hollywood story (though don't get me wrong, I loooove the typical hollywood movies with unbelievable things and wonderful happy endings :) )

Please note that this film is PG-13.

No comments: