Monday, December 07, 2009

SNOW!!!

I saw SNOW today. I've never seen snow except in the higher elevation (moutains, ski lodges, fake snow) But right in the neighborhood area~wow the hills were covered along with rooftops and trees and cars. As I drove closer to where the snow was cars were entering the freeway with snow on them and I was thinking where are they coming from...but it was because it snowed!!! In California. wow.
So I just had to share the excitement and I wish I had a camera with me or someone to drive the car while I took a picture.
Snow, you made my day.
Also, photos from a photoshoot to come soon!
Just a preview, that there are these gorgeous trees that turn yellow and red/orange and I always see them thinking every year that I am going to grab someone to take photos in but never have a chance to (read: procrastination). But I was finally able to. So I will be sharing those soon! Great timing too because about 2 days after the photoshoot I think a rainstorm came in and took most of the gorgeous leaves away from the tree. Whew, I could have missed yet another season of amazing colors to photograph.

Some nice photography books that would be wonderful to look through:
Tim Walker Pictures

and there was a book by Rodney Smith I recall but I can't seem to find it on the net. I've probably linked him before but he produces some incredible stuff as well as Tim Walker of course.

EDIT: I know this is probably late in the game, but I used to LOVE these super awesome buffalo wings at Elephant Bar (courtesy of M's superawesome taste) but the restaurant discontinued and I was sad. BUT I recently went to a BJ's and discovered that their wings are very similarily delicious so I am happy again. Maybe most people knew about BJ's but my area just got a BJ's so I finally found out about the wings.

2 comments:

Lynna said...

yeah i saw the snow too!!!

YAY! i cant wait to see the photoshoot!!! =]

Unknown said...

awww! we don't have snow yet, but maybe on FRIDAY! yay.
I was thinking of going to multnomah falls, it's almost completely frozon from the cold weather! maybe friday morning.