Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Symmetry

A couple weeks ago I attended my very first photographer seminar! I didn't get to stay the entire length but it was so awesome to geek out completely as I have never before. There were vendors with really cool products/services /software, but of course the main feature of the whole thing was the speaker Ed Pierce. A photographer with alot of experience on his hands.

He spoke about lighting of course, locations but what really was interesting was capturing more flattering angles of people and how to perceive that. (no I am not that good at it haha but I guess I don't need to since my models /clients look good every which way! haha see that little bit of butt kissing I just did?)

Anyways, he mentioned how most people do not have a symmetrical face. And yes, many know that, but he suggested actually taking each respective side of a person's face and mirroring it. He stated how surprising the results would be.
Well...I had a little bit of time on my hands and did it with my face via mac photobooth...uhhh let's just say not so flattering. SO, I thought I would use a gorgeous korean talent Kim Tae Hee's face as illustration.

Check it out below!(photo not taken by me)
Really different right? I wonder if it is all korean folk, but my left side also had a stronger jaw line. Amazing how though not symmetrical her natural face is the most stunning one. Though now I can totally see that it's not symmetrical even though initially it looks hecka symmetrical!
Let me know what you think!

No comments: